Monday, November 25, 2013

Things Have Changed...

Quite a bit has happened since my last blog post. To just put it out there I changed families. I now live in Arganda del Rey. I'm obviously not going to go into detail but I can say that there are no harsh feeling between me and my last family at all. They helped me learn a lot in Spain and I will always appreciate that.

So, yes, I got here Saturday. My family picked me up at the metro station with a box of chocolates so they basically one me over in .5 seconds... I know have three siblings. One 6, one 11 and one who is 23. The house is super cute and cozy. My room is upstairs in a somewhat attic-y area and the rest is downstairs. It's not a huge mansions but I really like it and it is so sunny which I also enjoy. Living in Erandio I think I had forgotten there was a sun in the sky... It literally rained every day and if it wasn't raining it was cloudy. I really didn't like it and I am sure it affected my mood. Even though it is a bit colder here the sun totally makes up for it!

Sunday I went with my two sisters and my host mom to a street market in Madrid. It was really amazing. Some of the things they were selling were so nice and I definitely need to go back there. After we walked by a Taste of America store and went in just to amuse me. I had definitely read about the stores and was excited to see what they were like. Honestly, didn't quite live up to my expectations. They even had some brands in there that I had never heard of before. And a box of Lucky Charms for 10 euros? I think not...

Today I went to the school just to sort out my classes and take a quick tour. It is about the same size as my school is Erandio which is small. I really don't mind though because I find that way it is easier to meet people. After that I went with my sister to walk around Arganda and see where the metro and bus station are and what not. It is waaaay bigger than I thought. The metro is a good walk from the house but I honestly don't mind. I think it is really pretty here. There are lots of trees and parks and there is a gorgeous church in the plaza. After, we went to La Puerta del Sol. Today actually wasn't my first time being there. I was there for one day last February with my class. I can easily say I loved it just as much then as I do now. Also, there were like 10 Starbucks which was nice. I can't come up with enough adjectives in this post so please don't be annoyed when I say it is gorgeous there. I really don't think everything is beautiful and amazing but Madrid just is. So, we walked around there and went into some shops and enough small fair and then headed home.

                                                               It's my own fault...


Tomorrow, I start my first real day at school. I can't say I am excited just because being the new student has never been that much fun for me. Especially coming in two months into the year, it's just a tad uncomfortable. I guess I don't know how it will be though because I haven't gone but I just never liked all the attention and stares I get haha. In Erandio there had been two exchange students before me but I know that there haven't been any at my current school. I just have to remember that two months into my last school and it was completely normal so just stick it out for a little bit and everyone will stop thinking of you as the exchange student! Maybe!

3 comments:

  1. What an adventure. thanks for sharing. thinking of you and praying for you. cherish every day and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog! And I can tell you are learning the language because you typed "they basically one me over" instead of "won"! Hahah I love small things like that.(:

    ReplyDelete