A couple days ago marked my personal midpoint in Spain. I have to leave early because I work at a summer camp that starts the 16th so hopefully I will be leaving around the 10th or so of June. This midpoint doesn't rake many feelings out of me. I have lost a sense of time passing. It's weird that if I think about it 4 1/2 months passed doesn't feel like a lot but it doesn't feel like a little either. 4 1/2 months left feels like such little time left to enjoy Spain but it also feels like so much time before I get to see my friends and family again.
Maybe I'm disappointed because I don't feel as changed as I thought I would be. I guess it hasn't been that much time but I still expected to feel differently. Maybe more confident or more studious or more something. I know that by the end of the year I will be able to tell myself I am more independent and mature but for the time being I feel like exactly the same person who left New York a couple months ago.
January has gone by pretty quickly it seems though. On the weekends I will usually hang out with my friends, go on a shopping expedition with my family, and study. Next week my whole grade is going to Rome until next monday. I can't go because I arrived late into the semester and also because I'm not in religion class. I will definitely be pretty bored without anyone to go out with but maybe I will take on rebajas independently. I forget if I have written about rebajas but basically they are just sales in all of the stores until February. Everything is so cheap and I have barely gone at all!!
It's also been pretty cold here in Madrid. I know some frost isn't much compare to the huge snow storms that have been hitting New York lately though. There is also a bad flu going around that I seem to have caught along with a lot of people at my school. I am definitely (definitely) looking forward to the spring season and warm weather.
My walk to school
Afternoon in Madrid


No comments:
Post a Comment