So I recently celebrated Spanish carnival in Arganda. It was SO MUCH FUN. I definitely remember reading so many blogs about it last year and it really lives up to the talk. On thursday night I went to this costume contest for the colegio because her sister was in it. Everyone was dressed so adorably and then after there was a dance party in this gym and we met up with some friends. Friday we didn't have school because in Spain they will use any excuse to get an extra day of fiesta. This was a while ago so I don't actually remember what I did this day but I have to say I don't think it was carnival related... Then saturday I dressed up as part of a rock group and went out with friends. I guess I assumed most teens would be "too cool" to dress up but people really went all out. Onsies were very popular as well as dressing up as members of LMFAO.
This past weekend was pretty relaxed. Friday I met up with two friends and then saturday I saw the new Liam Hemsworth movie. I'm not sure if they directly translate it from the English title, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't, but it was called El Poder de Dinero or something along those lines. I watched the whole movie and it wasn't until after that I realized I actually understood every word of it. Sometimes after I stop talking after a long conversation I will literally just take a moment to stop and think about how much I learned and how cool it is. If any of my friends heard me talk in Spanish I think they would be shocked. Sometimes I will Skype with my parents with a friend or host parent and they will comment on how good my accent is or how cool it is to hear me speak and it actually is.
On a sadder note, today marks three months left in Spain. I couldn't tell you how the time passed so quickly but it did. Just thinking about how my summer is basically all planned out and then I will be going back to my school in America is just weird. This has easily been one of the most difficult but most satisfying year of my life so far and it hasn't even finished yet.
Arganda has the pretties sun rises/sets
America.
<3<3



Awesome. Vaya con Dios!
ReplyDeleteViolet! sounds like you're having a great time and learning a lot in Spain. Enjoy your last few months!! I've really enjoyed reading your blog :)
ReplyDeleteJoyce
Thanks so much! It's funny you say that because I've been reading your old blog lately too.
Delete