Thursday, May 2, 2013

Application/Visa

If I had to choose one word to describe the AFS application process it would be tedious. It takes several months, the help of many a school personal, and organization. To say the least, it is thorough. If I need to know any piece of information, about any detail of my life, at any time, I can always check back on ye 'ol application. However long it is, I know that it is most definitely worth it and a small price to pay for what will probably be one of the best years of my life.

Currently, I am working on obtaining a Visa. We got the first email about it a couple weeks ago and at the time it seemed an impossible mission. Get several things notarized, apostilled (which no one in my family had every heard of before), and sent in before a date only two weeks away. Thankfully, both of my parents are very organized and we got EVERYTHING that needed to be sent in done in only one weekend. After they recieved these documents my very helpful AFS assistant, Kurt, sent us another email detailing part two of the process. Another impossible task! How would I be able to do it? I am only one person! Anyway, we had everything sent in by the next week... What I am trying to say, since I assume my sarcasm isn't passing through the computer, is that all of these things, while at the time seem impossible, can be done with lots of help from your parents and the detailed instructions of AFS.

The Visa process is not finished though. Yet another waiting period begins because it will take up to three months to receive my documents that need to be notarized and apostilled once again. For all I know, there could be several steps left after that. For the time being I am trying to keep my head on straight. I am just trying to remember that when I first read the steps I will probably freak out, but I will be able to get it done sooner than I think. That is definitely important information to keep in mind when it comes to the AFS application.

No comments:

Post a Comment