Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Introductions!

Hi everyone!

    My name is Violet Gehr and in a little more than four months I will be starting my life in Spain. I'll be there for ten months through a program called AFS. While I'm there I will attend a Spanish 
speaking school and live with a Spanish host family! All of this is 100% overwhelming and doesn't even seem real while I am sitting here typing it.

     Currently I am a Sophomore living in New York City. Obviously, the change to Spain will be quite a big one for me. I started wanting to travel abroad at the beginning of this year. I've never lived anywhere than where I am now, and even though New York is one to be one of the most amazing cities in the world, I am ready for a change. I started to research High School abroad programs just for fun. However, as the search continued I started to feel stronger about my need to travel! When I first told my parents of my plans they were extremely skeptical (to say the least.) I wouldn't say that I'm a flake, but my chances of following through on a big endeavor like this probably wasn't likely to them. When I submitted my application, it finally started to set in. Before I knew it I had been accepted into the AFS Spain program and starting my Visa application.

    Thinking about Spain makes me nervous, excited, scared, happy, adventurous, and confused. I am definitely all over the place. I am going to spend the next four months of my life trying to soak up as much as I can of my surroundings before I go. All I can say is I know it will be an experience I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment