Hi Everyone!
This past Sunday was my first AFS orientation! It was really fun and I met some really nice people there (shoutout to my four room buddies.) When I first got there it was a little awkward because I was with both my parents and I obviously didn't know anyone, but I quickly became more comfortable. It was really cool because they had past AFS participants and people who are on an exchange in the United States right now and live in the area.
All of the people helping to run the orientation were volunteers and past AFSers which is great because they give lots of really good advice and help you prepare for your experience.
We started off by breaking off into groups of five. Then we had an hour and a half powerpoint just talking about culture and what the overall experience might be like. After that we had a break for lunch and got time to talk to people who were visiting from the country we will be going to next year or people who went to that country last year. Then we went back to our rooms to finish up the powerpoint. After that there was a scavenger hunt but unfortunately my parents and I had to leave early.
All in all it was a really great experience that made me feel much better about my trip. AFS is super organized and really know how to help you feel prepared. I am excited for the next orientation I have which will be more specific to Spain!
No comments:
Post a Comment