So I haven't written a post in a while. I have been at camp for the past month so I haven't gotten the opportunity but so much has happened.
On the way to camp my dad called me and asked if I had gotten the news yet. I was confused until he told me I had been given a host family. I was a lot calmer then I thought I would act. My mom on the other had took it as a reason to start freaking out about me leaving next year when it really wasn't the time. Anyway, when I got to camp I started looking at more information about them and they seem really great. I feel so excited and lucky to have been placed with them. Their names are Amaia and Oskar and they live in Erandio. They don't have any kids which I was uneasy about to begin with but then they told me how in touch they are with their nieces and nephews and the rest of their family. They do a lot of outdoor activities which I love and just seem like great people in general. They have been in constant contact with me even though they knew I wouldn't be able to respond that much at camp. They also have a niece who has been in America the last year so they know exactly how I am feeling and have been very supportive.
I still didn't feel like I was really leaving/still don't a little until I started looking at photos of my school. It seems like a very cute small town but is is near the very large city of Bilbao. Currently, I live in New York City so I am very used to living in an urban area. Being in Erandio seems perfect because it's small but only fifteen minutes from Bilbao.
Tomorrow we are going to the spanish consulate in Manhattan to finalize the whole Visa thing. It's been annoying because we have had to get all the papers together and everything but hopefully it will be over soon. I leave on September 5th. I'm not quite sure if that is for Spain or the orientation but either way it seems dauntingly near.
No comments:
Post a Comment