Right now I am at the end of a very nice 5 day weekend. Tuesday and thursday my class decided to have a two day huelga to support the teachers in their protest against a pay cut. I think people just wanted two days off but it is also nice to know that youths in Spain are more invested in the country's politics than many other places. Friday, we had fiestas for a reason unknown to me. It has been very relaxing but I guess it is time for me to start school and work and what not. Wednesday I decided to go to Bilbao. It is just so pretty there that I think I should be utilizing it so much more. Friday I went to San Sebastian with Josie who is another exchange student. It is unbelievably gorgeous there. The architecture is amazing and the fishing boats are so cute. We went to the aquarium there with her host family and just hung around to eat pinchos and explore. That night me and Josie went to a discoteca that was fun just to dance and see a part of Bilbao I hadn't been to yet. The next day Noor and Celeste, exchange students who live in Vitoria, came to Bilbao so we spent another day there just walking around and talking.
It is about ten days until we hit the two month mark. I guess that seems about right. Time hasn't been moving to quickly or too slowly which I think is for the best so I can really savor my time here. As for right now it's on to another week of school.



No comments:
Post a Comment