Second week down and I'm feelin' good! I had such a fun weekend and if they could all be this great I know these next 9 and and a half months will fly by.
Friday after school me and my friend Josie who is from Norway went to Bilbao for the first time. We didn't see a lot because we wanted to do more shopping than sigh seeing but it was still gorgeous. It is really beautiful there and I feel so lucky to be living so close to it. I spent a lot of time being jealous of AFSers placed in Madrid and Barcelona and I didn't even realize I had an amazing city so close to myself. We went from store to store for a couple hours and then decided we wanted to get something to eat. I have really been craving food I would normally eat at home so we decided to get Chinese food. We sat at an adorable table outside in this little side street and had such satisfying food. I really want to get some pizza next time though :) I came home that night to an empty house because my host parents went back to Noja to pack up their camp sight. In all honesty it was really nice! I kind of miss having free time in my house to kind of just do whatever and eat anything and I don't know haha. The next day I woke up and went to lunch at my grandma's house with my cousin. It was fun as usual because my grandma is the sweetest woman who has ever lived. After that we went back to my cousins house because I stayed at her house that night. That night we went to a party in Las Arenas and it was literally one of the most fun things I have done since I got here. It was outside in this town. There was a DJ and so many people there. I saw people from my school and my soccer team and it was just so nice. We never have anything like this in Brooklyn so it was cool. Today I had my first soccer game. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a real game it was just a friendly match but it was still fun. Exercise has been really helpful to me in distracting me from homesickness and what not. Also, I love aaaallll the girls on my team so much! They are so welcoming and friendly and hilarious. I am obsessed with all of them.
Basically, this weekend was just what I needed to remind me why I wanted to come to Spain in the first place. The culture, the people, and the food!


No comments:
Post a Comment